Just a few things you might want to read over the weekend as you step away from the television:
- George Orwell wrote an unpublished introduction to Animal Farm.
- What’s your favorite kids’ movie? The Guardian posted a list picked by readers. (Some of my favorites from the list: Explorers, Coco, The Iron Giant, and The Neverending Story.)
- If you want to read a really strange science fiction novel from the 19th century, you just might like John Uri Lloyd’s Etidorhpa, which was published in 1895.
- A strange tale of a relationship built on antagonism and a water hose.
- Did a UFO wash ashore in Japan in 1803? Or was something else going on here?
- Chris Rock talks about race in Hollywood.
One more that is less reading and more just looking:
- Did you know that Stonehenge has its own Instagram? I didn’t, either.