I don’t really like the idea of New Year’s resolutions, because it seems silly to wait until January 1 to change your life. If there’s something you want to do, then do it now. If there’s something you want to stop doing, then stop now. There’s never a perfect time to do anything, because there’s always something you can make into an excuse for not doing it, which makes any time the perfect time to do something.
So in the interest of jumping on the bandwagon, here are my New Year’s resolutions:
- Get a teaching job.
- Continue to eat more healthfully. (No fast food, less fried food, more vegetables, more fresh fruit, more whole grains.)
- Catch up with all the writing tasks on my blog and website. (But first, I need to make a list of everything I need to write up.)
- Quit buying so many pens and pencils.
- Exercise more, in order to drop about ten or fifteen pounds. (I know, everybody says this.)
- Encourage everyone around me to eat better, exercise more, read more, write more, think more.
That’s it. Pretty stereotypical stuff.But it will be interesting to come back in a year and see how many of these I completed.
What are your resolutions? Add a comment and let me know.
0 comments on “New Year’s Resolutions for 2011”
One pingback/trackback on “New Year’s Resolutions for 2011”
Sorry, but comments are closed.